In the past few years, Dubai has become one of the most sought-after destinations for Ghanaian travelers. It has something for everyone from nature lovers to culture vultures and even foodies. With so many unique experiences to offer, you will find yourself coming back again and again. If you’ve never been to Dubai, this is your chance to experience it in all of its splendor, especially when the cooler weather hits.
Dubai is home away from home
Dubai is always open to welcome citizens from all countries. In fact, the Emirate’s natives make up the minority of its population, while 80% are expats, including many Ghanaians. Interestingly, Dubai has a significant African population, who have been a part of its community for many years. As a result, some aspects of African culture have inevitably been woven into the vibrant tapestry of Dubai’s inclusive society. There are African restaurants, hair salons, shops, and community centers. It really is a home away from home, with things to do and places to visit, for every budget.
Interested in visiting Dubai soon? Here are a number of things you can look forward to.
- Museum of the Future: Located in the Financial District of Dubai, The Museum of the Future is a spectacular and innovative exhibition space, which exhibits future environments. It stimulates the senses and expands the minds of all those who visit the center. With a variety of virtual and augmented reality, big data analysis, artificial intelligence and human machine interaction installations and displays, you are invited to go on a journey through possible futures and bring hope and knowledge back to the present.
- Shopping & Cuisine: Dubai is home to the world’s largest destination for shopping, entertainment and leisure – the Dubai Mall. With upwards of 1,200 stores, this 1 million sqm establishment is in one word, bliss, for tourists, because of the plethora of activities housed within its walls. There are several other malls spread out all over the Emirate.
- AURA Skypool: Visit the world’s first and highest360° infinity pool. Located on the 50th floor of the Palm Tower in the Palm Jumeirah, this elegant pool destination guarantees an “oasis-in-the-sky” feeling. Experience this unique and unforgettable offering with friends and family, coupled with exquisite Asian cuisine from the menu.
- Miracle Garden: Are you a lover of flora and fauna? The Dubai Miracle Garden is a must-visit for you. Take a drive out of the city and experience what you will likely describe as “paradise on Earth”. It is the world’s largest natural flower garden with more than 150 million flowers in full bloom. The serene, sweet-scented environment is breathtaking. Enjoy the calmness of nature as you stroll through the garden of unique displays and floral designs like the floating lady, lake park, sunflower field, smurfs village and hill top.
- Global Village: The Global Village is a unique multi-cultural family destination created in 1997. The Park is a one-stop destination for some of the best entertainment, shopping, dining, and attractions in the region. One of Dubai’s top attractions, Global Village takes you on a cultural journey around the world.
- Palm Jumeirah: The Palm Jumeirah is one of the reasons you should ensure you have an aerial view of Dubai when you visit. It is the biggest manmade island, covering 15.3sqkm. It is directly accessible from the mainland via road and sea and within reach of many other tourist attractions. From above, the Palm Jumeirah resembles a stylized palm tree within a circle. There are hotels and apartments on the Palm where you can stay while visiting Dubai.
- Glamping at Hatta Dome Park: If you are one of the outdoorsy folks with a hint of bourgeois, then visit the Hatta Dome Park for an unforgettable night under the stars, surrounded by epic mountainscape views. Hatta Dome Park has 15 tents, each designed with chic minimalism in mind. Experience glamping like no other with tents fitted with panoramic windows, a private outdoor terrace and many of the amenities you’d expect at a hotel.
Intrigued? Make a date to visit the Emirate with Emirates!
Travel to Dubai with Emirates anytime from now until March 31, and you can access exclusive offers at over 500 locations within the UAE, with the My Emirates Winter Pass. Emirates customers flying to or through Dubai can simply show their boarding pass and a valid form of identification to hundreds of retail, leisure and dining outlets, as well as famous attractions and luxury spas, to enjoy fantastic discounts throughout Dubai and the UAE.
For information on over 100 more things to do in Dubai, visit www.visitdubai.com.